Saturday, February 13, 2010

The $ talk...

After my negative beta and an IUI being suggested by my doc I was PARANOID to talk to my hubs about it because I KNEW he would freak over the cost. And, as expected, he sort of freaked. He thougth we should just try the injections with timed intercourse again (and again and again) ! Obviously he is not the one getting the injections, getting the huge bloat, feeling exhausted, getting infinite number of vag cam ultrasounds! He started getting all worked up and so far ahead of himself saying that I will not be happy when we do one of these iuis and then i'll want to do iui again and then Ivf and he is never paying 20 grand for ivf blah blah blah! I slowed him down and we talked rationally and the GREAT news is he is on board. and excited. One of our favourite places to go to on vacation to Jamaica. We love the local people! Well, this morning hubs woke up and told me that a "rasta-mon" from Jamaica told him in his dream that we "got to keep dis ting goin'. " This dream convinced my hubs that we are meant to keep trying and do iui. (I am loving those Jamaican rasta guys even more right now!Whatever it takes to get through to him!).
I go for CD3 ultra sound tomorrow (I have to remember not to pee before i go, i always screw it up!) so before I even get ahead of myself in thinking we will do IUI this month, I need to plan for the worst case scenario...residual cyst and sitting out a cycle. Fingers crossed for no cysts!

Now. on a totally separate note...I had a total social jealousy feeling yesterday thhat I haven't had in years! A bunch of bloggers that I always read got to meet IRL and I felt totally left out:(.

So great that they live close to one another! I so wish I could have joined the party! If anyone out there is from Toronto, let me know and lets meet up!
love yas!
LTB

3 comments:

  1. YAY, I'm glad your hubby is on board now and excited! Thank God for those rasta guys!

    I know I was totally jealous too =(. I wish we all lived close to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been, and it's on my list of places I want to visit, so don't be surprised if A+B make an appearance in Toronto sometime soon!
    It's crazy that so many of us live in the same city...I feel very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to visit toronto too! I am very lucky to live in the same city as other bloggers so we can meet up every once in a while.

    Glad the hubs is cool with moving forward with IUI, but at least you had the talk and he'll be on board with it next month.

    ReplyDelete