Friday, April 8, 2011

Sleep Training Day 2

Thursday night went great! We put Alexandra down at 7pm. The plan was to wait 5 minutes and go soothe her without picking her up, then wait 7 minutes and then go in every 10 minutes. Well, we didn't have to go in even once! She fell asleep after 2 minutes of whimpering!

At about 10pm she woke up and we were in bed by then. Hubs and I hid under the covers and were really quiet (she is still in our room sleeping in the travel crib). She fussed for maybe 3 minutes and fell back asleep. She woke up at 1:40 am to eat, then at 4:30 to eat and then at 6:30 she started to cry. I wasn't going to let her cry it out at 6:30 when we usually get up around 7:15 so we just started out day then! Even though she is still getting up twice to eat (she is still only 4 months old) this is a major improvement from waking up every hour! For this morning's nap, she went down without crying AT ALL!

I'm so proud of my little girl!!! Here's hoping Day 3 goes even better!!! And also hoping that i'm not jinxing myself by telling everyone how great she's doing!!!

And today is also a super special day....One year ago I got the amazing life changing call...I was pregnant! I love my little miracle baby and can't believe it has been a year since she's been with us-(even though 9 of those months were in my belly!)

See you tomorrow ladies!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! And a little bit envious! But I bet it's such a HUGE improvement for everyone in your house. GOOD JOB mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! on a year of knowing about your little Alexandra! What a special day. And she celebrated it by letting you sleep for 3 hours. :) Nice progress! I'm really hoping that she keeps it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! She's picking right up on this sleep thing. Way to go mommy...I know it is hard to listen to your baby cry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool anniversary! I remember the day you posted the news. That feels like forever ago, and yet not so long ago. Have we really been blog friends that long?!?! (hahaha)

    Awesome job on the longer sleep spells, little A! Three hours is fantastic, I have everything crossed that this trend continues....and that her sleep spells get longer and longer. Thanks for posting about what's working/not working. When we get to the land of sleep training, I'll have all of your info in my back pocket. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for another GREAT night! I'm so happy that you are finally getting some much needed sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, it would be hard to be quiet if the baby was in our room! We love that she can't really hear us when she's in her room with the door closed :)

    Congrats on sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete